How do we have to shape a dialog process in order to find a socially accepted mobility system for the Hamburg of tomorrow?
How can this be achieved?
Tomorrow’s mobility needs people who are already moving it forward today. That’s why we’re asking you to get involved and find out what’s already working and what we can do even better in the future. There are regular online surveys and the ZuHörMobil is on the road.
In research and practice, the key is to involve all stakeholders in social transformation processes. Only in this way will changes be accepted and endure in the long term.
To this end, the needs of these important groups are being investigated in Hamburg:
- Citizens:Their behavior and preferences are incorporated into the design of new mobility systems. They ensure that new solutions are put on the road, that they are in demand and that they remain in use over the long term.
- Local governments and economic players: They take up the ideas and wishes of citizens and implement them. In this way, they further develop mobility offerings and advance the transformation of transportation.
The dialog strategy comprises three central elements: experience, design and test.
- The stakeholders can experience new mobility solutions in digital mobility workshops. There, they can immerse themselves in mobility innovations in user stories and with haptic elements. Methods such as online “co-creation” are being further developed for this purpose.
- In digital mobility workshops, citizens – and thus users – can design promising mobility solutions tailored to their target groups. They collect ideas that are then taken up and further developed by experts from politics and business. The ZuHörMobil, for example, is on the road to collect ideas, wishes and suggestions on site.
- After all, citizens can already try out innovative means of transportation and get excited about digital and sustainable mobility.
Mobility workshops with citizens
Mobility workshops with decision makers
Start of online participation
On the road in Hamburg with the ZuHörMobil
With the help of applied participation methods, we explore how novel mobility solutions can be developed in close cooperation with citizens. In doing so, we systematically record the needs and wishes and derive the requirements for contemporary mobility offers: This is an important basis for decision-makers in administration, business and society.
The result of the participation research is, on the one hand, a participation method box: Tools are developed that make mobility offers digitally experienceable and enable joint solution developments.
On the other hand, the project creates a deeper understanding of user visions of future mobility. These target visions are communicated to municipal transport developers, as well as to industry players and mobility service providers, and to scientific participation research.
Our four participation modules are online and you can easily participate by:
- voting every two weeks on a new thesis on mobility of the future.
- sending us your mobility-related headline from the Hamburg newspaper in the year 2035.
- Associations with specific mobility technologies.
- sending us your ideas for solving real mobility challenges.
Join now (only available in german)